It was really windy last week. The wind was blowing fiercely that my two pots of magic beans kept toppling so often that I finally gave up getting out to the balcony and trying to keep them straight. It was then I knew I should find a more suitable place for my climbing plants as soon as possible, somewhere with good support for the vines to grow, avoiding the plants from collapsing.
And I am happy that I have found a water pipe which I have never taken any notice of until now.
Haha! Anyways, I hope it works
To train the climbing plants, I had the vines wrapped around the water pipe, then gently tied the ends of the vines with a thread.
Here is where my magic beans used to be. As you can see, the balcony railings are covered with a transparent, banister guard (to avoid my playful yorkshire terrier from jumping out), which is too smooth for my climbing plants to hold on to for some support.