Hydroculture (a.k.a. passive hydroponics) is the practice of cultivating plants without the use of soil. Because of the ease of maintenance and its many other advantages over soil, it is a perfect way for indoor gardening.
So why is hydroculture so good?
- Reduce allergy – no more spores, mold, mildew that are found in soil
- Pest free – no centipedes, sow bugs, worms or other soil pests
- Reduce odor
- Easier clean up spills
- Less risk of staining furniture
Watering Becomes Easy Task
- No more worry of overwatering or underwatering
Plants Like It
- Nutrients are distributed evenly to the roots.
- Good root aeration because pebbles do not compact like soil.
Less and Easier Maintenance
- Pebbles don’t have to be replaced and can be reused.
- Hydroculture plants have smaller root systems and require less frequent transplanting.
- Water less frequently – your plants will do just fine even when you are on vacation.
Back to main page – Hydroculture – Clean, Easy, and Simple!